In the design of villas (duplex houses), the stairs play a very important role. After all, it is a succession to the past (maybe the answer is to connect up and down).
In the home, there are mainly the following types of stairs:
1, straight ladder. It’s rare now. Because it takes up too much space.
2, arc ladder. There are still some duplex rooms using this design, but this design is only suitable for large duplex rooms. (This kind of stairs should rotate smoothly, not twists and squares, it is a great taboo for Feng Shui)
3, a stepladder. The design of most duplex rooms. (Not bendable, same as above)
4, spiral staircase. A variant of a stepladder. (Ibid.)
Of course, there are many kinds in terms of form, and it is difficult to describe them all, but in terms of material, it is easier to count.
Ladders can be decorated with any materials used in home decoration, such as solid wood, slate, ceramic tiles, steel plates, carpets, etc.
The key to the ladder is the design of the handrail. The quality of the handrail design is the most important factor in evaluating the design of a ladder.
The most taboo design of indoor barricades is to use mirror stainless steel or other silver shiny metal. If you really want to use stainless steel, it is recommended to use matte stainless steel. According to my experience, the most ideal material for stair railings is forged steel, followed by cast iron, again by wood, and again by porcelain.
The most ideal handrail material is wood, followed by stone.
The design of the floor level is often finalized in the building. But there are also many owners who dismantle and reinstall. Regardless of the shape, if you want to redesign, the ideal material is cement concrete, then steel structure, and then wood. Considering this aspect, it is important to make the stairs make as little noise as possible when pedestrians. Another thing worth paying attention to is the problem of encounters. I have seen many temporary remodeled stairs. You have to be careful when going up the stairs. For the duplex room, it is less chic.
Other matters needing attention in staircase decoration:
1, the slope of the stairs should not be too large. This is not only considering the elderly and children, but also a thing worth noting for an ordinary adult.
2. The stairs are high-wear parts, so stronger materials should be used.
3, the width of the railing of the stairs should be large or small, and the possibility of a child’s chuck should be considered. Either the child’s head cannot enter or it can be passed through freely.
4, there are gaps in the stair steps. Pay attention to the manners of ladies wearing short skirts to avoid embarrassing situations.
5, the treads of the stairs should be rounded to avoid injury to the feet.
6. The number of steps of the stairs should take into account the height of the floor and the height of the single step, as well as the good or bad of the number of steps. Generally, the four-character “life, prosperity, and death” is the key, and the last step on the platform should be “life” or ” “Wang” word decision, avoiding “death” and “absolute” word decision, my years of practical experience in Feng Shui design, his fulfillment rate is 80%!
7. The entrance of the stairs should not be directly facing the door because the stairs themselves are section by section. If the “qi” first encounters the stairs as soon as the door enters, the stairs will be tangent to each other, or all of the “qi” will be cut off at once Otherwise, it will make the “qi” not smooth and disturb the aura. When the aura is in chaos, the environment in the room is naturally not much better. It can be seen that the stairs are visible when the door is opened, and it may not be so convenient to go upstairs and downstairs, but the health of the owner of the house is unknowingly affected. There are three main methods we adopt: one is to turn the stairs facing the top of the gate in one direction, for example, the shape of the stairs is designed to be curved, so that the entrance of the stairs reverses the direction and the back faces the gate; the other is to hide the stairs, it is best to just hide behind the wall, sandwich the stairs with two walls, so that not only does not have to “cut off the gas field”, but also doubles the owner’s sense of safety when going up and down the stairs. As for space under the stairs, it can be designed as a storage room or toilet. ; The third is to use a screen to place a screen between the door and the stairs so that the “qi” can enter the house along with the screen.
8. The stairs cannot be placed in the center of the house. Because the center of the house is called the “hole”, which is the condensation point of “qi”. It is generally believed that this is the soul of the whole house and the noblest place. The traditional expression of “holes” has accumulated to this day, and it has become the aesthetic habits of Chinese people, such as centering, centering, and impartiality. If the stairs are placed in the center of the house, it would appear to be “noisy”. The stairs are used to walk people and people go up and down, making this place noisy and restless, not only wasting the precious area of ”holes”, but also “trampling”. The disrespect of the house will naturally not bring good luck to the house owner.
Eighth Office: The staircase is the highlight in the design of the villa (duplex house), and it is also an important point for the luck of the house. It connects the space and the hub of the house, so we must consider its functionality and aesthetics when designing. He is good and bad!
The role of the staircase is to connect all the parts into a whole hub. It is the connecting channel of air and the key to receiving and supplying air. It should be around to achieve the best ventilation and smooth air effect.
The following basic principles should be followed when decorating:
1. Stairs material: use wooden materials. Conducive to slow airflow, so that the airflow can be as harmonious as possible, but it is difficult to achieve this effect if it is made of stone or metal materials.
If wood materials and marble materials are used together (similar to Figure 2), it is best to add two columns with crystal balls at the exit of the stairs. If the house space permits, a fish pond can be arranged to subsidize the feng shui effect of “collecting wind and gas” to attract wealth.
2. Stair shape: Stairs are used as a channel for rapid ventilation and aeration. It is necessary to allow the airflow to move quickly from one level to another, so as to play the role of gas gathering. Therefore, the steeper the slope, the more difficult it is for the airflow to achieve smooth effects, and the smaller the slope, the better the effect!
In order to avoid the air from upstairs rushing down and affecting the fortune, it is generally better to take the stairs as a buffer as possible, that is, try not to make straight stairs, and make the stairs with a broken line (usually the stairs with a rest platform in the middle) similar to a spiral Stairs or curved stairs are the best choice!
3. The position of the stairs: The best position is to stand against the wall, that is, there must be a place to stand, not in the center of the house. This is equivalent to dividing the whole house in two, which will bring disputes to the family and even lead to couples Discord, disharmony at home.
Do not face the door directly. The airflow will go straight from the stairs to the door, causing the wealth to leak out. This is a taboo.
The entrance and exit of the stairs should not be built in the center of the residence. The entrance and exit are frequent activities, which will cause repeated luck for the family and should be avoided.