Stone, whether it is marble or granite, seems to give people a natural, rich, luxurious, and strong feeling, so it has become the leading producer of floor materials in luxurious living rooms. From the market point of view, the colors of the stone are currently popular in Chinese red, pomegranate red, and general red. The alternate combination of Mongolian black and Chinese red is the most popular.
In terms of quality, the current gap between the domestic stone and imported stone is not big, but the imported stone is more varied and more decorative. In terms of practicality, domestic stone can be said to be no less inferior to imported stone.
Marble and granite are both permanent finishes in home decoration, so they need to be carefully selected when buying, and they must be carefully maintained after they are laid. When buying a stone, you should remember the following five points:
- First, the thickness must be uniform, the four corners must be accurate and distinct, the trimming must be neat, and the right angles must correspond to each other;
- Second, the surface should be smooth and bright, with a brightness above 80 degrees, and no pits;
- The third is to have uniform patterns, bright patterns, no variegated colors, and consistent color differences;
- Fourth, the internal structure is tight without cracks;
- Fifth, the load-bearing thickness cannot be less than 9-10 mm.
In terms of stone maintenance, you should remember the following three things:
- First, wipe frequently to keep the surface clean, and wax and polish regularly;
- Second, avoid chemical corrosion such as acid and alkali;
- Third, pay attention to the friction of the studs, otherwise, potholes will easily form.
One thing needs special attention. Although marble and granite are luxurious and noble, they are also prone to produce radioactive gases such as radon, which can cause harm to the human body. In particular, some unqualified granite products are more radioactive. Consumers should pay special attention to the safety factor when purchasing. When the safety factor is greater than 0.8, the indoor radon concentration after decoration will generally not exceed the standard. If conditions permit, you can also ask professional institutions to conduct radioactivity testing.